Everyone takes delight in a wholesome and well prepared meal. However, cooking happens to be a fine art that usually integrates a lot of factors to ultimately arrive at a mouthwatering dish. This is especially true when it comes to barbequing or broiling chicken. And naturally there are plenty of recipes that can transform an ordinary bland chicken meal into a delicious and nutritious dish.
Undoubtedly one of the best options you could choose for preparing chicken happens to be marinating. Opting for this food preparation process can at one go significantly enhance the flavor of chicken and also make it more tender . Most marinades use olive oil, which possesses mono and digylcerides that are natural emulsifiers that enhance the flavor of barbecued chicken.
As well as natural acidic ingredients such as vinegar and citrus juice that go a long way in making chicken tender. Marinating also effectually locks in moisture within these foods, which ensures that they don’t dry up or become tough when subjected to the heat of grilling. Additionally, marinating chicken also plays a key role in minimizing the levels of carcinogenic heterocyclic amines that are usually produced when food is prepared using high temperatures.
The following is an amazing chicken marinade recipe that is not only simple, but also very delicious.
This recipe uses the following ingredients:
1. Six boneless as well as skinless chicken breast halves.
2. A quarter cup of cider vinegar.
3. Three gloves of garlic that have been peeled and minced.
4. Six tablespoons of olive oil.
5. Three tablespoons of whole grain mustard.
6. Half a cup of brown sugar.
7. Grounded black pepper.
8. One and a half tablespoons of salt.
9. One juiced lime.
10. One half of lemon that has been juiced.
To prepare this amazing chicken marinade recipe, it is highly recommended to utilize a non-reactive food preparation vessel.
· You should begin by whisking the above mentioned ingredients starting with the cider vinegar and ending with the salt.
· The next step is to immerse the chicken breasts into the resulting mixture.
·When the chicken is thoroughly covered by the marinade mixture, put a foil on it and place it into the fridge for at least eight hours or if you wish overnight.
·After this period of time has elapsed, proceed to remove the chicken from the marinade, before turning on your grill or even broiler and let its temperature rise up a few degrees.
· You can then dispose of the marinade mixture.
· Proceed to lightly douse your grill or broiler with oil.
·Finally, place the marinated chicken on the grill or broiler, and let it cook for at least ten minutes for each side and you are good to go.
One important thing to note is that you should never marinate chicken at room temperature. Doing this can create a conducive environment for detrimental microorganisms. While this process can slow the growth of bacteria as well as other contaminants, it cannot altogether impede this process.